26.6.11

What the South does for Fun

Welcome to the 2011 Purple Hull Pea Festival and World Championship Rototiller Races! No, I'm not kidding.
Oh! and there was an awesome tractor parade! And a barrel push! I bet I can use the most exclamation points ever in one post!
This store may look like a dump, but I have to say there was some pretty cool stuff in there. Theater seats, old cigar boxes, typwriters, even a huge old radio console that looked like it was from 1945. When we walked in, there was a little old man in a cowboy hat trying to tune an old Fender guitar he had found. I offered to tune it for him, and when I did, he took it and started playing Johnny cash. I thought everyone in the store was singing along. I felt like I had gone back in time. They even said "Y'all come back now, y'hear?" I thought people only said that in movies! I wish I would've remembered to bring my camera.
I actually found this section that had about 20 old film and Polaroid cameras. I was literally jumping up and down. Do you know how hard it is to find a Polaroid camera? So, I ended up leaving with these beauties for a grand total of $25. (To be payed to my parents once I have money...)
I looked online and the film for this baby is about four times as expensive as the camera itself. I suppose that's what I get for paying $5. It was working, though!
This guy isn't even  terribly old. $5 it was.
 This one is my favorite. $15. I love junk shops. I kind of doubt I can fix it, though. It's pretty rusty.
They actually had one of these, (I can't remember what it's called) but it was $30 that I didn't have. I really need a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment